Allowed Use of Funds
Funds may be used for one of the following but not limited to:
- Manual/electric wheelchairs or scooters
- Prescribed exercise therapy equipment; physical/occupational therapy
- Education related items such as tuition assistance, pre-school to post doctoral support, etc.
- Adaptive technology such as computers, hearing aids, etc.
- Dental intervention (due to OI)
- Vehicle modifications such as lifts, pedal extensions, etc. or vehicle purchases
- Travel reimbursement to receive specialized care
- Outdoor ramps that provide access to a home
- Accessibility aides such as reachers, shower chairs, kitchen carts, etc.
- Any other needs not met by personal or other funds
OI Diagnosis – if application is chosen as a finalist, verification of a diagnosis of OI will be required.
Financial need – if application is chosen as a finalist, income verification will be required.
Request improves the applicant’s quality of life.
Grant must serve immediate needs.
Those receiving an Impact Grant are not eligible to apply for additional funding for one year.
Applicant must be a United States resident, and funds may only be allocated within the United States.